Contact Click Here

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
750 Kings Highway North Cherry Hill, NJ 08034-1581
Forkin, McShane, Manos & Rotz, P.A.
Cherry Hill Family Law Attorneys

Family Law FAQs

Forkin, McShane, Manos & Rotz, P.A. recognizes that most family law issues are complicated. When you choose our law firm to represent you, we explain every aspect of the law and how it relates to your case in an easy-to-understand manner.

Following are some frequently asked questions and answers regarding family law:

      Contact knowledgeable family law attorneys in Southern NJ

      At Forkin, McShane, Manos & Rotz, P.A., our experienced lawyers strive to provide family law clients with the highest level of legal counsel. To speak to one of our skilled attorneys, contact us online or by phone at 856.779.8500.

      How can a family law attorney help me with my divorce?

      Divorce is upsetting for everyone involved. Family law attorneys in Cherry Hill can assist you with every aspect of your case — from filing documents to property settlements and child custody negotiations. In addition, an experienced attorney can review your case and recommend alternatives like mediation.

      Back to top

      How long does it take the court to grant a guardianship?

      Obtaining guardianship is a relatively short process that usually does not take longer than one month. However, every case is different and you should consult with a skilled lawyer for more information.

      Back to top

      Who can be an adoptive parent?

      Anyone who is 18 years of age or older and at least 10 years older than the adoptee is eligible to become an adoptive parent in New Jersey. However, if you are married, you and your spouse must adopt jointly.

      Back to top

      What is shared parenting time?

      Shared parenting time refers to a joint custody arrangement where you and your ex-spouse share equal parenting time of your child or children. Shared parenting time is often the most beneficial arrangement for children after a divorce.

      Back to top

      I accused my spouse of hitting me. Now I would like to change my mind — can I drop the charges?

      Once you contact the police and accuse your spouse of abusing you, the case is out of your hands. The decision now lies with the prosecutor. The State created the law this way so that victims could not be pressured into recanting.

      Back to top

      Forkin, McShane, Manos & Rotz, P.A.
      750 Kings Highway North
      Cherry Hill, NJ, 08034-1581 USA