Cherry Hill Family Law Appeals Attorneys
Family law issues often cause a ripple effect that affects the lives of everyone in a household. As a result, resolving a family law dispute in a timely manner is often very important. However, if you receive an unfair judgment on your case — either because of a legal mistake by the overseeing judge or by your original counsel — you need a competent team of family law appeals attorneys. Located in Cherry Hill, the experienced, knowledgeable and attentive law firm of Forkin, McShane, Manos & Rotz, P.A. has served the community and surrounding area since 1972.
The family law appeals process in New Jersey
Cases on the appellate level are significantly more complex than regular cases. You need the assistance of professionals who deal with family law appeals on a regular basis. Our law firm handles all aspects of family law — from divorce to grandparents’ rights and family appeals.
Below is important information about the appeals process in New Jersey:
- File a Notice of Appeal: Your first step is to file a Notice of Appeal with the appellate court.
- You have a limited time to appeal: If you wish to appeal your case, you must do so immediately. In NJ you only have 45 days from the time your received the court’s original decision on your case to appeal.
- The importance of having a lawyer: The guidelines for filing an appeal are strict. As a result, you need to consult a lawyer to make sure all paperwork is filled out correctly and on time.
- The evidence for your appeal: The only evidence valid for your appeal is the record from the original court proceeding. A Cherry Hill family law appeals lawyer can explain to you that this record usually consists of transcripts, pleadings and evidence submitted to the judge.
Our dedicated family law attorneys in Cherry Hill have argued many cases before the appellate court in New Jersey, including those listed below:
- Dorfman vs. Dorfman 315 N.J. Super. 511 (App. Div. 1998)
- Walles vs. Walles 295 N.J. Super. 498 (App. Div. 1996)
- Griffith vs. Tressel, 394 N.J. Super. 128 (App. Div. 2007)
The above are published opinions. The firm has argued a number of appeals which have not resulted in published opinions.
We understand what is at stake and we are ready to work diligently on your behalf.
Contact the team of experienced attorneys at Forkin, McShane, Manos & Rotz, P.A.
If you receive a decision from the family court that you believe to be the result of legal errors, you need the help of a skilled lawyer. With over 95 years of combined experience, Forkin, McShane, Manos & Rotz, P.A. is prepared to stand by your side. To speak to one of our experienced lawyers, contact us online or by phone at 856.779.8500.